Impact = Contrast X (Reach + Exposure + Articulation + Trust + Echo)
Written by the authors of “trust agents”. A book that was ahead of its time.
It started well. The equations are top notch (and common sense). And that is the point. The whole book is common sense.
• Delight your customers (duh!)
• Emotion supersedes ratio (duh!)
• Gaming is creeping into business culture (duh!)
• Friction is suicide (duh!)
• Stories need to resonate (duh!)
• Ideas attempt to replicate and are called a meme (really?)
• Humans are pattern recognition machines
• Write as if you are talking to a 6-year-old (duh!)
• Copywriting is an essential skill (yep!)
• Reach is almost never built quickly (really?)
• The only metric: “who takes action when I ask?” (!!)
• A network is different than a community (duh!)
Bundle of books
If you want all that common sense in a bundle and you want to start making an impact online, this book could be for you. You don’t need to read “Engage”, “Emotionomics”, “Launch”, “Reality is Broken”, “Resonate”, “Tipping point” and a few more.
Manual for going online
If you want to know how to behave online, how to stand out (=contrast), how to create reach, exposure, articulation and echo (quality content, engagement and being helpful), this book is for you.
Imagine being in a village. It takes time to build trust. Do you ask people you have never met for a favour? How helpful are you?
Who takes action when I ask
All “normal” rules apply. Common sense. And the real lesson; the only metric: “who takes action when I ask?” In your home village or online.